This is the first time I’ve been nominated for an award, and I’d like to thank Claire Yang for nominating me. Do make sure to check out her blog!
About the award:
From what I’ve understood, the award is given to bloggers by other bloggers, and it helps the community to grow as we answer questions posed to us by our fellow bloggers. Here is Claire’s post, in which she answers questions asked to her and asks us some.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the questions sent to you.
3. Nominate around ten bloggers.
4. Create your set of questions for your nominees.
5. List the rules and display the Brotherhood Of The World logo in your post and/or blog.
Questions for me:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I created my blog a number of years ago, just wanting a place to express myself, although I barely used it. I finally began blogging in January this year, when I was enrolled in a Writing course which made me realise how much more I wanted to be writing. I also wanted a place to display all that I had started writing as a result of the course, so I brought it to life, and began posting more regularly.
2. What is considered a good day to you?
A good day for me on my blog is one when I write at least one post, be it a meaningful article, a review of something, or just some random thoughts put down in poetry. Additionally, any day when someone new comes across my blog and likes what they see enough that they click through to read more than just the one post.
If you’re asking about in life though, most days tend to be good days. All I need is a little bit of quality time with any of the people who matter to me (or even my cat), or some good music.
3. What is that one song that motivates you to move forward?
I don’t have one specific song that motivates me; I use music more as a general mood-booster. However, certain songs definitely get me pumped and energised (especially if I listen to them while working out/am in a place where I can sing along to them at the top of my voice). Five very random such songs that I can think of right now are Praying, pretty much anything by Adele, She Will Be Loved, Reach & La Bamba.
4. How far back into your childhood can you remember? As in your first memory.
When I’m told stories I tend to visualise them quite vividly, so I think a number of things that I think I remember from my childhood are not actual memories, but those construed based on the stories my parents have told me repeatedly. I do remember being in my neighbour’s house with a particular colouring book on the day that my younger sister was born, at which time I was just under 4 years old.
5. If you could go back in time and redo something, what would it be?
This is something I’ve reflected on a lot, and there isn’t much I would change about my past at all. The only one thing I’ve ever regretted enough to want to redo differently would be the subjects I chose to study in the 11th and 12th grade. I suffered with Economics for 2 years, a subject I had no aptitude for whatsoever; moreover I feel like I would have benefited a lot more if I had studied elective English instead, as that is something that I am currently pursuing.
I don’t know a huge number of people, and I’ll therefore understand if any of you are uninterested in this tag, but here are a few people whose posts I enjoy reading and I think it would be interesting to read your answers.
- Accidentally Inked
- The Attic Typewriter
- Curly Girl Abroad
- It Starts With Me
- Logical Dreams
- The Loyal Brit Wit
- This Girl’s Got Curves
- You, if you’re interested!
Questions for my nominees:
1. How well do you think your blog represents who you are as a person? Do you think it’s easier to express yourself and personal details when a blog links directly to the real you, or when it’s anonymous?
2. What are 2 things you’re very passionate about?
3. What do you think the best and worst ways to die would be?
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
5. What’s your favourite time of year, and why?
Once again, thanks to Claire for nominating me for this. I think it’s a great way for me to get to know more about the blogs I follow and vice-versa, and if I haven’t tagged you but you’d like to answer my questions, go ahead!